This update adds undo/redo functionality for debugger run actions. When you notice during stepping that something in your code went wrong you can just undo your last steps and try again.
Furthermore, a Discord Server for Emulicious was launched. A menu item to join this server was added to the Help menu. This server can be joined via the following link: https://discord.gg/YuKjBUF
Additionally, the file Expressions.txt was added which contains explanations and examples on how to use expressions in Emulicious.
This update introduces the possibility to specify what message to log when a breakpoint is hit. These messages can consist of multiple expressions separated by commas.
An example is
"Entered WaitForVBlank at scanline ", scanline
(The quotation marks need to be there to indicate a string)
This will yield log messages such as the following:
Entered WaitForVBlank at scanline 100
Unfortunately, there was an issue with the automatic update system and you might need to manually download the new version from the Downloads page.
A major update of Emulicious is available
This new version of Emulicious enables you to load your own source files into the debugger. This means that you no longer have to step through a disassembly of your code when developing a game. Instead, you can step through the code you wrote.
Additionally the outline has been improved and now shows different icons for code and data. You can even decide if you want to hide code or data labels from the outline. The Reference Hierarchy also uses the new icons now.
A full list of changes can be found below:
- The debugger now allows to load sourcefiles so you can work with your own code now
- The disassembler now groups consecutive runs of equal bytes with dsb directives
- Added Volume levels to Sound menu
- The Outline can hide code or data now
- Outline and Reference Hierarchy use icons now to differentiate between code and data
- Coverage data is now persisted
- The memory editor now allows to save the current selection as a binary file
- On Mac OS when Emulicious is closed via Cmd+Q it will now also save its settings
- Fixed issues with symbols loaded from SDCC map files
- Fixed wrong position of current address in overview ruler
- Several minor bugfixes and improvements
A new version of KiddEd is available. It comes with several additions, improvements and bugfixes.
- Added a hack to make the character flash during invincibility instead of changing his color
- Added a hack to make items flash before they vanish
- Added the tiles of petrified Janken to the Tile Editor
- Made it possible to add tiles to the Hirotta Stone Tileset
- Fixed a bug in the hack „Make shocking waves of destruction hit only once“ because of which octopus tentacles couldn’t be hit by shocking waves anymore
- The starting screen of a level with castle layout can contain entities now these entities won’t get loaded when the level is started but when the starting screen is reentered
- On Mac OS when KiddEd is closed via Cmd+Q it will ask if changes should be saved (thanks to Kilkakon)
- Several minor bugfixes and UI improvements
A major update of Emulicious got released!
It comes with lots of improvements:
- Finally, you can now play your favorite games using a USB game pad connected to your PC
- The setup input dialog has been restructured
- BIOS emulation for the SEGA Game Gear has been added
- An option to skip all breakpoints has been added
- Previously, screenshots taken from a Game Gear game had contained the offscreen area. This has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug with expressions that could lead to misbehavior of the emulated system
- The Memory Editor now shows the value of the selected byte in multiple formats
- The Reference Hierarchy has been improved
- The Outline has been improved
- Several improvements of the disassembler
- The emulation accuracy of the Light Phaser has been improved
An update of KiddEd is available.
- The Cragg Lake bonuslevel is now split from the Cragg Lake level.
This makes Cragg Lake a regular level in which screens can be added/removed now
and its layout can now be converted to other layouts like with other levels.
- The hacks „Make crown work in every level“ and „Make Cragg Lake entities editable“
became obsolete now and got removed.
- A bug in the hack „Use Mega Drive start button for pause“ got fixed.
If you had applied this hack before just apply it again to incorporate the bugfix.
- The text of the ending sequence can now be edited freely with the raw data editor
at the bottom of the Text Editor.
An update of KiddEd is available.
It comes with several bugfixes and some minor UI improvements.
Additionally, the following features have been added:
- The layout of level 3 can now be converted
- A hack has been added to use the start button of a mega drive pad for the pause button
- When converting to castle layout the dimensions of the level can now be set
- The starting screen in a castle layout can now be set
- Levels can now be exported to the format of the General Scroll Library by psidum (GSlib)
A major update of Emulicious is available.
It comes with several improvements:
- Improved emulation accuracy of the sound chip of the SEGA Master System and SEGA Game Gear.
The improvement fixes issues with PDM sound.
- Added an option to force hardware acceleration for graphics. Bilinear Filtering can only be
enabled when graphics hardware acceleration is available
- Several improvements of the disassembler and the memory tracer. They both are aware of SRAM now.
A minor update of KiddEd has been released!
It comes with a few bugfixes including a bugfix for the auto-updater.
Due to a bug in the auto-updater of the previous version of KiddEd some users weren’t able to start KiddEd anymore. These users need to manually download the new version. In this new version the bug has been fixed. After updating you will receive updates automatically again. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.
A major update of KiddEd has been released!
This update comes with lots of improvements and several new features:
- The Text Editor has been extended by a free text editor that allows you to control the whole shape of text boxes via control sequences.
A control sequence begins with a backslash followed by a single letter for the direction (l – left, u – up, r – right, d – down) followed by the amount to travel
- A Sprite Tileset Editor has been added that allows you to modify the sprite tilesets that are available for sprite tilesets in the Tileset Editor
- The Tileset Editor has been enhanced to allow adding/removing level additional and main tilesets. Furthermore, level main tilesets can now also be used as level additional tilesets.
The Whats New file has been added to the project to let you keep track on what’s new more easily.