A major update of Emulicious got released!
It comes with lots of improvements:
- Finally, you can now play your favorite games using a USB game pad connected to your PC
- The setup input dialog has been restructured
- BIOS emulation for the SEGA Game Gear has been added
- An option to skip all breakpoints has been added
- Previously, screenshots taken from a Game Gear game had contained the offscreen area. This has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug with expressions that could lead to misbehavior of the emulated system
- The Memory Editor now shows the value of the selected byte in multiple formats
- The Reference Hierarchy has been improved
- The Outline has been improved
- Several improvements of the disassembler
- The emulation accuracy of the Light Phaser has been improved
An update of KiddEd is available.
- The Cragg Lake bonuslevel is now split from the Cragg Lake level.
This makes Cragg Lake a regular level in which screens can be added/removed now
and its layout can now be converted to other layouts like with other levels.
- The hacks „Make crown work in every level“ and „Make Cragg Lake entities editable“
became obsolete now and got removed.
- A bug in the hack „Use Mega Drive start button for pause“ got fixed.
If you had applied this hack before just apply it again to incorporate the bugfix.
- The text of the ending sequence can now be edited freely with the raw data editor
at the bottom of the Text Editor.
An update of KiddEd is available.
It comes with several bugfixes and some minor UI improvements.
Additionally, the following features have been added:
- The layout of level 3 can now be converted
- A hack has been added to use the start button of a mega drive pad for the pause button
- When converting to castle layout the dimensions of the level can now be set
- The starting screen in a castle layout can now be set
- Levels can now be exported to the format of the General Scroll Library by psidum (GSlib)
A major update of Emulicious is available.
It comes with several improvements:
- Improved emulation accuracy of the sound chip of the SEGA Master System and SEGA Game Gear.
The improvement fixes issues with PDM sound.
- Added an option to force hardware acceleration for graphics. Bilinear Filtering can only be
enabled when graphics hardware acceleration is available
- Several improvements of the disassembler and the memory tracer. They both are aware of SRAM now.
A minor update of KiddEd has been released!
It comes with a few bugfixes including a bugfix for the auto-updater.
Due to a bug in the auto-updater of the previous version of KiddEd some users weren’t able to start KiddEd anymore. These users need to manually download the new version. In this new version the bug has been fixed. After updating you will receive updates automatically again. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.
A major update of KiddEd has been released!
This update comes with lots of improvements and several new features:
- The Text Editor has been extended by a free text editor that allows you to control the whole shape of text boxes via control sequences.
A control sequence begins with a backslash followed by a single letter for the direction (l – left, u – up, r – right, d – down) followed by the amount to travel
- A Sprite Tileset Editor has been added that allows you to modify the sprite tilesets that are available for sprite tilesets in the Tileset Editor
- The Tileset Editor has been enhanced to allow adding/removing level additional and main tilesets. Furthermore, level main tilesets can now also be used as level additional tilesets.
The Whats New file has been added to the project to let you keep track on what’s new more easily.
An update for Emulicious is available.
A procedure profiler has been added. It detects procedures automatically and profiles them.
SRAM Watchpoints can now be added in the Memory Editor and in the Breakpoint Window using
the prefix ’s‘ so entering „s0“ would add an SRAM watchpoint on the SRAM address 0.
Support for the new format of z88dk map files has been added.
Emulicious Procedure Profiler
An update of Emulicious is available.
It improves the emulation accuracy of the Everdrive and comes with several minor improvements.
- Display „suspended“ in title bar when emulation is suspended
- Bring debugger to top when a breakpoint is hit
- CTRL+TAB switches between main window and debugger
- Added option to „Setup Keys“ dialog to allow input even when other windows of Emulicious are focused
- Added region selection for Game Gear
Improved accuracy of Everdrive Emulation
- ROM and RAM are persisted
- True handling of SRAM files
- The files from the recent files menu are accessible via a folder called RECENT
A small update of Emulicious is available.
VRAM Watchpoints can now be added in the Memory Editor and in the Breakpoint Window using the prefix ‚v‘
so entering „v0“ would add a VRAM watchpoint on the VRAM address 0.
The WhatsNew.txt file has been added to the project to let you keep track on what’s new more easily.
An update of Emulicious is available!
It comes with serveral new features and some improvements to existing tools.
BIOS files for all supported systems can be selected now. For casual users this can help to improve the authenticity of the emulated system. But also developers can benefit from it because they can test if their rom will be rejected by the BIOS. Additionally, the state of the system after the BIOS will be faithfully reproduced. Appropriate BIOS files can be found on the web.
The Master Everdrive and the Everdrive GG can be emulated now. This feature as well can help to improve the authenticity of the emulated system. Developers can test if their rom is compatible with an Everdrive and also the state of the system after the Everdrive will be faithfully reproduced. To enable Everdrive emulation you need an Everdrive OS file. These can be found on the official website of the Everdrive. You can select a 1bpp font to use with the Everdrive but you can also let Emulicious derive a 1bpp font from the system font. Recent versions of the Everdrive OS come with their own font. They ignore the selected font.
The Memory Editor got expanded by a context menu and its interaction with the Debugger has been improved. Table files can now be manually selected in the Memory Editor and symbol files can now be manually selected in the Debugger. Furthermore, the Memory Editor now supports multi-selection and copy&paste. The Coverage Analyzer also got expanded by a context menu. It allows to exclude selected addresses from the analysis or to reset the collected data for selected addresses.