This update comes with several additions and improvements.
One of these addition is the emulation of the FM chip of the SEGA Mastersystem. When it is enabled in the menu Options->Emulation->Master System then games supporting this chip will play music on it.
People interested in developing, hacking or researching games will be happy to see the new tabs in the Memory Editor. For the Master System and Game Gear a tab for VDP register and a tab for PSG registers have been added. For the Game Boy and Game Boy Color a tab for OAM and a tab for HRAM have been added. All systems received a Palettes tab in the Memory Editor.
Additionally, the memory tracer (previously only available for Master System and Game Gear) now also supports the Game Boy and Game Boy Color.
Furthermore, the UI of the disassembler table of the debugger has been improved. Its first column now spans the whole width of the table.
Last but not least, the Go To dialogs and the Find dialogs have been improved. The Go To dialogs are now enhanced by auto-completion facilities and the Find dialogs received a history and several search options.
The full list of changes follows:
- Added FM chip emulation for the SEGA Mastersystem
- Added a Clear Log button to the Breakpoint Window
- Added Palettes tab to the Memory Editor
- Added VDP and PSG tabs for Mastersystem/Game Gear to the Memory Editor
- Added OAM and HRAM tabs for Game Boy (Color) to the Memory Editor
- Added Memory Tracer support for Game Boy (Color)
- Added Watchpoints for the Memory Editor tabs
- Improved the UI of the disassembler table
- Improved Go To dialogs by adding auto-completion
- Improved Find dialogs by adding a history and several search options
- Fixed cropped images in screenshots taken from Game Boy games