This update comes with several additions and improvements. Most notably an additional system is now emulated, the MSX.
Four weeks ago I got interested in emulating the MSX and now I feel it is ready to be released. It supports most cartridge ROMs released for the MSX1. If a disk ROM and an alternative BIOS are provided it also supports program on floppy disks in the form of dsk images.
Emulicious’s debugger now also supports loading Sjasm lst files as source files. Sjasm is a Z80 assembler that is often used for MSX development but can also be used for other Z80 systems like the Mastersystem.
Furthermore, the profiler has been improved to better support the calling convention of C.
The full list of changes follows:
- Added MSX emulation
- Added support to load lst files containing Sjasm sourcecode in the debugger
- Improved Profiler to better work with C calling convention
- Remember last directory for loading sources/symbols
- Fixed an issue with breakpoints on ROMs larger than 4 MB (thanks to Antígeno)
- Improved Auto Palette option in Tile Viewer for SMS Mode 4
- Added View menu to Tile Viewer to choose different layouts
- Added Frame Advance to the main emulator (formerly only available in debugger)
- Improved Tilemap Viewer and Tile Viewer support for TMS Modes
- Added CTRL+SHIFT+BACKSPACE as hotkey for Reload ROM
- Added an option to automatically reload a ROM when it changes
- Fixed a bug that wouldn’t allow setting gamepad inputs if there
are more than 2 gamepads connected (Thanks to Niloct)
- Several minor bugfixes and improvements